Updated 5.30pm 9 April 2020
The information on this page is official government information for international students taken from NauMai NZ, a place for information on life as an international student in New Zealand to help you understand what is happening in New Zealand in response to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
As an international student you are a valued part of our community, and your health and wellbeing is a priority.
New information has been added to this page about:
- Wage subsidies for international students
- Changes to conditions on student visas for students who work in healthcare and in supermarkets
- Travelling to airports to catch flights home
- Update on post-study work visas for students currently studying remotely from outside of New Zealand
- Update on visa processing
- Explore our new resource page with ideas to stay connected and well while self-isolating
The latest Government information about the COVID-19 situation in New Zealand is available at covid19.govt.nz . You can find translated information on this website.
New Zealand is now at COVID-19 Alert Level 4.
Under Alert Level 4, everyone needs to stay home and self-isolate.