CONDITION OF ENROLLMENT
Application (Enrollment) Form
Aspiring Language Institute
PO Box 5037, Wellesley Street, CBD, Auckland
You can also contact us by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will help you with the enrollment procedure.
After we have received your application form, you will be sent an invoice and an offer of letter. All fees are due no later than 7 days before the course begins. Fees can be sent to the Institute to our trust account:
Aspiring Language Institute Public Trust Account
Bank of New Zealand, North End Branch, 100 Lambton Quay, Wellington
Account Name: Public Trust
Bank Account: 020536030586501
Swift Code: BKNZNZ22
Reference No: 8629684TR01
(**Please do not forget to put the Reference number when you make a payment)
After your payment has been received, we will send you a receipt and home stay details. If you are enrolling through an agency, your agency will assist you with the above procedure.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Please refer to our cancellation and refund policy. It is part of the conditions of enrollment.
You are expected to attend all lessons and to be on time. You must comply with the conditions of your permit to stay in New Zealand. If you are persistently absent from school without a valid reason, you will receive a series of warnings which may lead to the termination of your enrollment. Aspiring Language Institute reserves the right to expel any student who breaks the New Zealand law or the school guide rules, including persistent unexplained absence. We will not refund fees in the case of expulsion and we will notify the Immigration New Zealand.
Medical and Travel Insurance
You must have a suitable insurance policy. If you do not have one, Aspiring Language Institute will arrange a Southern Cross Travel Insurance. International Student Insurance Policy, which covers medical and travel costs, including loss of school fees, emergency travel home, and other related expenses. Tuition will not be extended or refunded if you are absent from school for any reason, including accident or illness. The Institute will not be held responsible for any sickness, damage, injury or loss incurred. If you wish the Institute to arrange your insurance, please request insurance application form. For more details for Southern Cross Travel Insurance: www.scti.co.nz. The Institute reserves the right to decline an enrollment, if we consider this to be in the best interest of the student or the Institute.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
Before the course commencement date
Students who cancel their course before its commencement date will be refunded the tuition fee in full. The application fee and accommodation administration fee will not be refunded. If the school has already organized the insurance for the student, the insurance fee is also not refundable.
After the course commencement date
- For courses not longer than five weeks, 50% of the tuition fees can be refunded to a student cancelling his or her course no later than two (2) days after the course starts. Tuition fees cannot be refunded after this date. The cancellation notice must be in writing.
- For courses longer than five weeks but not longer than twelve weeks, 75% tuition fees can be refunded to a student cancelling his or her course no later than five (5) days after the course starts. Tuition fees cannot be refunded after this date. The cancellation notice must be in writing.
- For courses longer than twelve weeks, full less a deduction for cost incurred by the school minus a maximum of 25% of the fee total paid can be refunded to a student cancelling his or her course within the first ten (10) working days of their course. Tuition fees cannot be refunded after this date. The cancellation notice must be in writing.
- If, for the some reason, the school has to cancel the course before the commencement date, we will refund in full the fees paid. If the course cancelled after its commencement date, we will refund pro rate for the weeks not delivered.
- Where payment is received from an overseas study agency, we will pay tuition refund to that agency. Any such agency is considered to be the student’s representative, retailing our school services.
- Transfer of tuition entitlements between students is specifically prohibited.
- Refunds or enrollment extensions will not be given to students:
- taking a holiday during their course, unless approved by the Institute
- arriving later than the course start date, unless approved by the Institute
- leaving the Institute before the course is finished, unless approved by the Institute
- Students enrolled for 6 months or more may have up to 4 subsequent weeks holiday during the course, with the dates of holiday agreed on at the time of enrollment. Changes to these dates can be made at the Institute’s discretion. If the planned holidays are not taken, the course will be shortened accordingly.
- If, for some reason, the students are not able to obtain their visa, we will refund pro rate for the weeks from the date the student inform the school their visa was declined.
- Home stay dates are from Saturday to Saturday, or Sunday to Sunday. If you are staying longer than specified above, please contact us to arrange the additional payment. Home stay fees will be refunded if you move to a private accommodation, if you give us at least two weeks’ notice about the move.
- The Institute will not be held responsible for any sickness, damage, injury or loss incurred at the Institute, at the accommodation organized by the Institute, or at any activity or trip organized by the Institute. It is the student’s responsibility to have adequate insurance to cover medical expenses, repatriation and loss of school fees if the student needs to shorten the enrollment (or cancel the course) as a result of any such event described above.
- The Institute reserves the right to amend fees and conditions at any time.
IF YOU ARE UNDER 18
Aspiring Language Institute has been granted approval by NZQA under section 251 of the Education Act 1989 to provide the Intensive English course students aged 14 to 17. As a signatory of the Code of Practice for the Pastoral Care of International Students, we have an obligation to comply with its regulations.
- All documents are required to be signed by the parent. (not the agent)
- Students must stay with school approved home stay accommodation, unless the student is going to live with their relative or close family friend. However, students’ parent(s) need to sign the acknowledge form.
- Also refer to our School Rules for under 18 students. This document also need to be signed by the student and the parent.
All students must hold a valid visa to stay in New Zealand. The length of study depends on what kind of visa you have. If you have a visitor visa or a working holiday visa, you can enroll for a maximum of 3 months (please note, some countries’ working holiday visa allows study for up to 6 months). You will need a student visa for a longer enrollment. Aspiring Language Institute is the one the schools for which students are able to obtain ‘Pathway Student Visas’. For more details regarding visas, please contact the nearest Immigration New Zealand for further information.
TEXT BOOK POLICY
Text books will be provided for the students on their first day (after placement test and interview) with the following deposit.
|General English course||$50.00 (includes $10.00 non-refundable lending fee)|
|IELTS Preparation course||$70.00 (includes $10.00 non-refundable lending fee)|
The deposit will be refunded when the student returns it in good condition, however, the deposit won’t be refunded if the book has been damaged, lost or not returned within 2 weeks of your finishing date.